Ultra has 3 software levels:
- eBoot: Starting component which runs the operating system.
- Operating system: Executed under TwoNav and controling the more basic operations of the device.
- TwoNav: Executed over the operating system and interacting with user.
Normally, software updates are for TwoNav, but eBoot and operating system can also have updates.
- The user should know that this is a delicate process. It must be applied correctly, otherwise it could leave the unit unusable.
- In order to avoid losing data during the updating process, please copy all your personal files contained in 'TwoNavData/Data' to computer (security copy).
- Updates might take some minutes, you might need to wait so left the device working until further steps are being indicated.
- Enough battery is needed to update the operating system, at least 30 min.
In order to update the eBoot and the operating system of Ultra, please follow these steps:
Note: Use a microSD with Windows XP formated FAT32 card (more information: How to format a microSD card to use it on a TwoNav GPS?)
2. Turn Ultra off.
3. Press and hold 'OK' key until update process starts. The update will start automatically showing a progress bar on the screen, then release 'OK' key.
4. Then, update process will start: 0% -> 25% -> 50% -> 75% -> 100% -> Reboot. Although you might see no signs of interaction, do NOT press any button, this process will only take a few minutes.
5. To verify that your eBoot and operating system have been successfully updated you can check it out at 'Main menu > Settings > Full settings > System > Device > About'.
6. Once the update is finished, you might need to re-calibrate the screen of your device.
7. Once the update is finished, you can delete the files that you unzipped in the microSD card.
Note: In case you have lost device identifier and license registration, get in contact with After Sales Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).