These are the basic steps we propose to start enjoying TwoNav during your activity:
1- Get GPS signal: Make sure your unit has GPS signal before starting. You need to be outsides, with clear vision of the sky, and wait a bit until GPS icon in status bar turns into this:
Note: If you have problems fixing GPS position: See article.
2- Choose activity type: Press 'Start' button at the main page, and choose which activity type you want to make:
- Free Activity: Just go, no destination or objectives set, but your trip will be recorded too.
- Follow a Route: Follow a route that’s been transferred to your device from other sources.
- Follow an Activity: Select a previous activity that was recorded directly with your device.
- Trackattack: Your GPS can use a previous activity as a reference to compare your current performance. Choose an activity and start the navigation. A simulation of that track will be played at its original speed, so you can compete against it (‘Virtual Coach’). Trackattack is based on two pointers: your current position and an additional pointer, the ‘Virtual Coach’. Try to improve your results by comparing your current and past performances on map or in graphs in real time.
- Go to a Place: Go to a place, which can be a preloaded waypoint, a chosen point on the map, or some coordinates, for example.
- Waypoint: Select a waypoint among the waypoints loaded or created by you.
- By map: Select directly on the map the exact location where you want to navigate to.
- Address (only available when road maps are loaded): Enter any address where you want to navigate to.
- POI (only available when road maps are loaded): Internet offers you an enormous database of points of interest (gas stations, hospitals, cash dispensers…) that can be downloaded and easily upload to the device. Select the exact POI where you want to navigate to.
- Coordinates: Type the exact coordinates for your destination.
- Bearing: The destination point will be determined by setting the bearing and the distance that you are about to navigate.
- Training by Distance: Set the duration of your training by distance and once your goal has been reached, the device will show a warning message.
- Training by Time: Set the duration of your training by time and once your goal has been reached, the device will show a warning message.
- Latest Destination: List of destinations recently selected.
3- Choose the course: If you select a route or an activity, you will have to choose which of the preloaded files you want to follow:
4- Preview: Just to make sure you have chosen the correct destination. Press Go:
5- Enjoy your trip: Time to go. If you selected to follow a route or an activity, it will be highlighted in blue and white so you can see it clearly. As you progress, the route you’ve covered will be shown in red. That is your activity’s track:
The 'Distance to Destination', 'Ascent to Destination' and 'Estimated Time of Arrival' fields will give you an idea of how much is left to go. You can check your current position on the graph at any time to see how much you still have to climb or descend. You can see more data on the data pages, accessible from the main page or the physical button on device:
Note: Remember that you can customise the data fields however you like: See article.
6- Finish: You can end the activity at any time by accessing 'Control button' and pressing 'Stop'. Then the navigation will stop and a summary of the activity you have carried out will be shown: