SeeMe is a TwoNav service that offers GPS devices the following functionalities:
- Live broadcast: Broadcast your activities so that your retransmission contacts can follow them live, watching your journey on the map and controlling data such as distance, ascension, speed.
- Emergency notifications: Send emergency notifications from the GPS device so that your emergency contacts receive a warning message (SMS and Email). Thus they will know that you have a problem, and your location.
The service can work through 2 types of connections:
This connectivity is made through a SIM integrated into devices, that gives them 2G GSM connectivity, without depending on the pairing with a smartphone.
Thus, the availability of the service will depend on the 2G GSM coverage, which is generalized in Europe and North America, but that may not exist in some countries or specific areas.
So that the service works on a device, an active SeeMe subscription is necessary.
The devices that work with integrated SIM are Trail 2 Plus and Aventura 2 Plus, which include a free SEEME 6-month subscription and to activate it, it is only necessary to register the device on twonav.com/start. Once that period is over, the subscription can be renewed for € 29/year from the personal space on twonav.com.
This connectivity is made by linking the GPS device with a smartphone using TwoNav Link App via Bluetooth connection.
When broadcasting an activity or sending an emergency notice, the GPS device is communicated with the Smartphone via Bluetooth and it sends the necessary data through your mobile data.
So that the service works on a device, an active TwoNav subscription is necessary.
The devices that work with Bluetooth connection are Cross Plus and Terra, which include a free 3-year TwoNav Mobile Services subscription.
The multiple advantages of broadcasting activities with SeeMe are:
- Broadcast your movements wherever you are
- Expand the safety of your family and friends at each outing
- Help emergency services in case of problems
- Be located at all times with your position in real time
- To announce the track you have already done
- Analyze countless data and statistics on your last activity (total distance, time, accumulated ascent, cadence, power ...)
Once you have registered the contacts, go out to enjoy your favorite activity. Activate retransmission by clicking: 'Status bar > Broadcast'. During the course of the outing, look at the status bar to quickly check if the broadcast remains active (while SeeMe is working, the broadcast icon will appear on).
Once you have started the broadcast, the people you have added to your contact list will automatically receive an e-mail inviting them to follow your outing (you can invite up to 10 people). This e-mail will give them access to the GO platform where they will be able to follow you live.
You also will be able to share a link with the broadcast from TwoNav Link App with other people, or on social media, so that anyone who has the link can follow your live activity. Friends and family will be able to visualize the broadcast of your activity on a map of the area that you are stepping on and analyzing a large amount of data on your performance. All this information will be updated in real time as you move.
Your device will send position every few minutes with several points in each sending. If at some point in your route you lose signal coverage, the data will be stored and retransmitted again when recovering the signal. The retransmission will end at the moment you finish the activity. If you do not, it will automatically end up after 1 hour without receiving positions.
With the SeeMe emergency notification system you will be able to:
- Reduce the risk while doing your favorite activities, guaranteeing your safety on any terrain, even improvising the outing
- Notify your relatives if you get lost or suffer a mishap
- Inform the emergency services in case of sighting an accident
Go out to explore with total security knowing that if you need help or you are in a dangerous situation, it will be enough to have your TwoNav GPS device with you. SeeMe's emergency notification system will allow you to send a SOS wherever you are. Send an emergency notice so that family and friends can locate and help you in any situation.
Once you have started your activity, whether you get lost in an unknown area as if you suffer an accident, open the status page and click on the 'Emergency' button. After clicking the button, the 2 people you have configured on your contact list will receive an e-mail and an SMS indicating that you need help. This message will contain:
- The exact coordinates where the emergency notice has been carried out
- A link to see your geographical position on a map of the area
Then your contacts can alert emergency services close to your location, or directly go in your search. With SeeMe you will be able to practice your activity reliably without worries.
If at the time of sending the emergency notification, the GPS does not detect position, you will be ble to send a message with the last available coordinates.
Live broadcast contacts and emergency contacts are different
- Maximum of 2
- Information: Name, email and mobile phone
- When the contact is confirmed, you will receive an email
- When clicking the emergency button, they will receive an email and an SMS with your current location
Live broadcast contacts:
- Maximum of 10
- Information: Name and email
- When starting an activity, if you have the broadcast activated, they will receive an email with a link to follow your live activity
When introducing a new contact, this will receive a request that must be accepted to receive the messages.
IMPORTANT: If contacts don't accept the invitation, they won't receive any message. You will be able to check the status of your contacts from system settings at go.twonav.com.