Land has a powerful editor that lets you create and customise your routes however you prefer.
Creating a track
To create a track from scratch:
1. Locate the point where you want to start, right-click and select 'New.. > Start new Track here'. A window will appear where you can choose the name, sport and colour for the new track, and the first point of the track will be created, and the track editing bar will be opened:
2. Left-click to add points:
If you make a mistake you can delete the last point with the 'Delete points' button, 'Undo' button or by pressing ctrl+Z on the keyboard.
3. When you’re done, close the editor by clicking on 'Finish Editing' button on the bar or pressing the Esc key on the keyboard.
4. You’ll see your track in the data tree. Don’t forget to save it. Right-click on it and 'File > Save track':
FastTrack to here
During track creation, if you right-click and select the 'FastTrack to here' option, Land will try to automatically calculate the entire track up to that point, taking into account the map information (a routable vector map such as OSM or TomTom is required) or from other open tracks (if any):
It is not necessary to have the 'FastTrack' tool activated.
If there is no routable map loaded, Land will try to load it.
FastTrack over track (partial track copy)
With this tool you will be able to create new tracks following parts of other tracks as a reference, so you won't have to copy those parts point by point, or cut the other track to later merge it.
Using it is very simple, and it is not necessary to have a routable vector map.
- Load the track or tracks you want to partially copy:
- Open the track editor, and create a new track.
- Add a point on the track you want to copy. This will be the start of the copied section:
- Right click on the end of the section you want to copy, and 'FastTrack to here':
- That entire section of the track will be added to the track you were creating:
- You can continue to add points freely:
- If you want to add another piece of track, simply repeat the operation. Add a point at the beginning of the section to copy, then right click and 'FastTrack to here':
Note: For more information on the FastTrack tool, see the article Automatic route calculation in Land (FastTrack)
Editing a track
An existing track can be edited to suit your needs. There are different editable sections:
- Trace: You can re-open the vector editor, like when you created the track, and use its tools to add, delete or move points: 'Right-click on the track > Edit > Edit track'.
- Properties: From the track properties you can change parameters like its name, description or appearance: 'Right-click on the track > Properties'.
- Advanced tools: Land has different tools for doing advanced operations on tracks, like 'Calculate land altitude for each point', 'Assign time and speed' or 'Invert track': 'Right-click on the track > Tools'.
- Unify tracks: You can join two tracks into one. It’s as simple as 'Menu Tools > Unify tracks'.